PSN Portable ID

Thursday 2 June 2011

The Store is back!

So I woke up to a tweet from @Playstation at 06:08 saying that the Playstation Store is finally online!  However the Welcome Back downloads (detailed here) are not available yet.

I jumped straight on to redeem my DiRT3 online pass as well as to download the inFamous 2 demo, but have had to leave it running and come to work.  Hopefully I'll get time later to try things out, download some of the Playstation Plus games and see what else may have been published in the meantime.

Apparently the Welcome Back package is still undergoing testing.  I for one am glad it's still not available, because it means I've got chance to use the Store without it being bogged down with all the "vultures"; people who have never shown the slightest interest in the Store but are now circling, waiting for their free stuff.  I thought it would be fairer to allow proper customers (i.e. PS+ subscribers and people who had bought stuff prior to the outage) first access to the Store, but by delaying the freebies Sony have done exactly that.  To be honest the freebies are a bit naff, they are all games I've either bought or passed on already, so to know that all the beggars have to wait a little longer fills me with glee.

I can't wait to post my first DiRT3 video to my YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/andy9beans).  Sounds sad, but when you're told to upload one after every completed race it starts to get annoying that you can't!

No comments:

Post a Comment